I Was Nominated For The Blogger Recognition Award
How cool is that? I mean, I've only been working on this blog for a few months. When I first started I thought it would be amazing if even 10 people saw my blog. I was not expecting this page to introduce me to a community full of such friendly and talented people.
I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Deborah who runs Deb's Decorative Life a lifestyle blog that strives to help make your home a better place. She has great tips and advice for keeping your house together, even during those times you're too busy to function. Thankyou Deborah, you are a wonderful person.
I started the blogging journey because I love to write. What can I say? It was my main motivation in starting this page. My blog is a place where I can do just that, but also share information with you guys.
What advice can I give new bloggers?
1: Read as many posts as you can about starting a blog, but avoid ones with titles like "How I Made $500 My First Month Blogging" or anything along those lines. If they drop an amount in the title of how much money they made blogging I can almost guarantee that you will not find any valuable information. Those are what I call click bait and they're going to spend more time trying to sell you something than educating you on beginning a successful blogging journey.
2. Start the blog for you. If you love what you do it will show in your work. If you're only starting a blog because you think it's easy money be prepared for a rude awakening.
I also have 15 other bloggers I would like to nominate. If you aren't already following their pages, now is the time!
1. The Girl Who Drools In Her Sleep (an artist who shares her everyday thoughts and has a wicked colour flow in her abstract paintings)
2. It's Probably, Definitely, Maybe Me (a look into the world of mental health and dating from an honest point of view)
3. Authentically Average (a blogger who can see past all those perfectly filtered Instagram pictures and pulls the focus back to an everyday lifestyle...with awesome recipes too)
4. Mind and Love (a mental health and wellness blogger with a refreshingly humorous look on married life)
5. How to Relationship 101 (quotes and advice on maintaining strong relationships)
6. Cynspo (beauty, budgeting, blogging and much more content for young women)
7. Nyxie's Nook (a powerful recovery blog written by a strong young woman)
8. Bearded Igor Blogs (an online journal style of blog focused on coping with anxiety)
9. Philippa Claire (a talented young writer who also has a blog focused on mental and physical health)
10. Aimsy's Antics (a women's lifestyle blog with some awesome diy projects)
11. Beauty and a Budget (showing you how to have a blast and not break your bank account)
12. Frantasmagoria (a look into haunted historical sites and urban legends)
13. Debnation (a talented writer who also shares some beautiful poems)
14. Plaid & Sugar (a lifestyle blog mainly focusing on sewing and delicious dessert recipes)
15.The Other C Word (a writer who is sharing his life journey while battling cancer)
If you get nominated for this award, these are the rules:
I can't wait to see who you guys nominate! I will wrap this post up with a few pictures of my cats.